Sunday, April 20, 2008

It Has Got To Be The Shoes

I went to another Rapids game on Saturday night. The results were not good. The Rapids lost to San Jose 2-0. San Jose is an expansion team who had previously not scored a goal. The Rapids were pretty listless. I guess they let being in first place in the Western Conference go to their heads.

On Sunday, I went to Rocky Mountain National Park again. This time I rented some snowshoes in Estes Park. I went back to the Deer Mountain Trailhead, but I was surprised by how much snow had melted during the week. So I called an audible and went to a different trail that I knew would have a lot of snow. I went to the Glacier Gorge Trailhead and hiked up to Mills Lake and Jewel Lake. Lot of fun. For the most part, I didn’t even follow the actual trail. I just followed snowshoe paths up the gorge. A lot of time the paths went up the frozen creek beds. It was a beautiful day. Here are some pictures.



Me in a snow covered creek bed.









It was a windy day.












Me on Mills Lake










Me at Mills Lake






I have bonus pictures at my Picasa site. Click Here to view them.

-MM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool pics. They may be your best yet. Looks like it would have been hard to get to those places without the snow shoes.

Anonymous said...

I think your pictures are making Pops envious ;-)
Happy belated birthday! Hope you got the card.