Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fire

On Saturday morning, I went for hike on Green Mountain in Lakewood. The mountain is about 10 minutes from my place. I've been there before. There was a fire on the northeast side of Green Mountain during the first week of August. I hiked past the edge of the burn area at the top of the mountain. The Burn smell is still there, but the new growth has taken a hold already. It is actually green in the burn area. The mountain is usually only green in the spring.


The burn area on Green Mountain near the top.





After the hike it was college football time. I watched my Bulldogs beat South Carolina 14-7. After the game, I was watching ESPN and their so-called analysts were shocked that the game was close. The Georgia-South Carolina game is almost always close and low scoring. South Carolina won last year. I guess ESPN didn't get the memo. I knew it was going to be close, and I am quite happy with the win.

On Sunday, I went to the Colorado Rapids soccer game vs. the Chicago Fire. Former US National team star Brian McBride plays for the Fire now. It was cool getting to see him play. Former Mexican National team star Cuauhtemoc Blanco also plays for the Fire. There were quite a few Mexican fans to see him. Overall the crowd was disappointing. The Broncos and Rockies were in town and playing at the same time. I guess they took away some of the fans. It looked like there were quite a few no-shows. The good news is the Rapids won 2-0. They are a tiebreaker out of a playoff spot now. A couple of weeks ago they were dead last in the league.



Brian McBride (Fire) and Cory Gibbs (Rapids)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Green Mountain looks like one that I could manage. Maybe I'll do it next summer.

My Noles have looked good during their two exibition games. Hope they make a decent showing this Saturday against Wake Forest.