Tuesday, January 12, 2010

No Jacket Required

The weather was outstanding in Colorado today. The temperature reached the 60’s in Lakewood. I went for a hike at Alderfer/Three Sisters Park near Evergreen. The temperature was in the 50’s there. I hiked up Evergreen Mountain (8,536 feet). On top, I sat on the rocks and enjoyed the sunshine. I never even had to put on a jacket. I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich while I was up there. After enjoying lunch and the view, I took the long way down. I made a side trip up The Brother for old time’s sake. Here are a few pictures from the day.



Me on Evergreen Mtn. with a view of Mt. Evans








Me on Evergreen Mtn








Silver Fox Trail - Mt. Evans on the horizon

3 comments:

Pops said...

Cool pics. Wish I could do that kind of hiking.

Virginia said...

Mom says, "Put your jacket on 'cause I'm cold. Move back. You're standing too close to the edge."

Just kidding. I'm glad you're getting some decent weather.

Anonymous said...

To the last reply:
No I won't hurt you Mama
But it's getting so hard, oh
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, argh
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, argh

or you could always go with
"No Reply at All"