Monday, July 04, 2011

No Retreat No Surrender

I went for a good hike on Saturday. I climbed Horn Peak (13,450 ft.) in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. I’m not really in shape for 13ers at the moment. I was breathing fine, but the altitude was messing with my energy levels. However, I fought the desire to stop and made it to the top. It was worth the effort because the view was outstanding. Horn Peak doesn’t get a whole lot of traffic. I saw three other people going up as I was going down. That was it. Not bad for a Saturday on a holiday weekend. Here are the pictures.



An Elk taking notice of me






Horn Peak




Zoom View from the top of the Crestone Group and Kit Carson Mtn.



Dry Lakes with Little Horn Peak and a bunch of 14ers in the background




Mt Adams & Fluted Peak




The way up Horn Peak and the Wet Mountain Valley




One of the Dry Lakes






Me





Flowers and Rocks







Columbine

4 comments:

Pops said...

Happy Independence Day. Great pictures. Looks like it was "worth the effort."

Virginia said...

Tis the season for alpine flowers. Thanks for the pictures. Mom

Anonymous said...

Did Landon come visit for my birthday???

Mighty Mike said...

Sorry Bro, no visit from Landon. He is in the middle of his season. It is a little easier for him to get away in December.