Tuesday, September 04, 2012

The Bitter End (Part II)

For my third hike on Friday, I did a loop hike that was full of waterfalls. The first falls on the hike was Horsetail Falls. Horsetail Falls is quite popular. It is right at the trailhead. I had to walk across the street to see this waterfall.
Horsetail Falls
The second falls on the hike was Ponytail Falls. The trail goes behind Ponytail Falls.
Ponytail Falls
Ponytail Falls
Behind Ponytail Falls
Columbia River, Hamilton Mtn., & Beacon Rock
Oneonta Falls was third waterfall on my hike.
Oneonta Falls
The final set of falls on this hike was Triple Falls. This waterfall features three waterfalls from the same creek that falls into one splash pool.
Triple Falls
Log at the top of Triple Falls
This next picture was an attempt to capture all the different shades of green I was seeing. Seeing all the green of this part of Oregon was a fun change of pace from the everyday brown that I have been seeing a lot in Colorado this year.
Moss filled trees
To Be Concluded...

3 comments:

Stacy & Jim said...

Triple falls looks pretty cool!!

Pops said...

Em er R some falls. I kind of like Pony Tail Falls where you go behind the falls.

Virginia said...

Oregon moss sure looks different from Florida moss. I loved all the photos of the falls.