Friday, November 23, 2012

The Thanksgiving Filter

The tradition of doing something active on Thanksgiving continues. I went for hike again this Thanksgiving. The hike was a repeat, but this time I had company. Charles and Tina joined me for a Thanksgiving hike up Fremont Peak. It is a short hike and the weather was perfect. After the hike, I went to Charles and Tina’s house and had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal.
Charles and Tina with Royal Gorge behind them.
The Trio on top of Fremont Peak
Meal Time
I went on a solo hike on Friday. I checked out Cheyenne Mountain State Park. The trails in the park are pretty easy. None of the trails in the park go to the top of Cheyenne Mountain. NORAD blocks the approach from that side of the mountain. The weather was a bit cooler on Friday, but it was still nice.
Cheyenne Mountain
Cheyenne Mountain

4 comments:

Stacy & Jim said...

So did you eat turkey sandwiches on your hike?

Mighty Mike said...

I had a turkey sandwich on the Friday hike

Pops said...

A Thanksgiving Day hike in Colorado and nobody even has a jacket on (& you two guys in shorts). WOW. Good to see everybody out and having a good time.

Virginia said...

Glad to see you're carrying on the Thanksgiving tradition. I miss those days--sometimes. "Moms"