Sunday, February 02, 2014

Foot Prints

With the Super Bowl being a Super Dud, I decided I would do an update. I had an interesting hike today. I went hiking in the hogbacks. It is a hike I do all the time just to get a little exercise. It snowed the day before. So I took a camera with me with the idea that I might find something interesting to put on my blog since I haven't posted in a while. When I reached the top of the hogback, I noticed a set of animal tracks in the snow. The tracks came up the steep slope on the Highway 50 side of the hogback. Then they went along to top of the hogback. Judging by the lack of claws and the path it took, I would say that they were mountain lion tracks. Here are some pictures.
Foot print or should I saw paw print
The tracks follow along the top of the hogback.
US 50 below the hogback
Town not far below
Another print
The path it took up the hogback.

2 comments:

Pops said...

Looks like mountain lion tracks to me to. It was probably out looking for some Super Bowl snacks. Careful you don't become one.

Jim said...

I don't know, it looks like puma tracks to me