Monday, February 26, 2007

Tossed Salad And Scrambled Eggs

I had a long and fun weekend. Eric, a friend of mine from Atlanta, flew in for a ski weekend on Friday. We went to Winter Park on both Saturday and Sunday. There was fresh snow on both days. On Saturday, we also met up with Devon, a mutual friend of ours who has been living in Denver since 2000.













Eric, Devon, & myself taking a break at Lunch Rock (11,200 ft.) And no, I have not dyed my hair color is orange. I'm standing under a light that is giving it that effect.



Me and Eric waving goodbye before we take the Stagecoach down. The Stagecoach was a tough run for us. Devon was quite patient with our poor skiing skills. However, we probably ran him off since he didn't join us for Sunday's ski adventures.




On Sunday, Eric & I took the Ski Train to Winter Park. The Ski Train goes from Downtown Denver (5,280 ft.) to the Winter Park Base (9,000 ft.) about 100 yards from the ski lifts. The train goes through 29 tunnels. The last tunnel (Moffat Tunnel) is 6.2 miles long and goes under the continental divide. It is a very scenic train ride. Well worth it.

View from the Ski Train. It was sunny skies on the eastern side of the Continental Divide.



Eric showing that he is home on the slopes. It snowed all day on the western side of the Divide. The 24 hour total for Winter Park for Sunday was 10".


















The Entrance to Moffat Tunnel from the Winter Park side. The green pipe is a water pipe that helps supply the Front Range cities with water.

I took the day off from work on Monday. Eric had a late afternoon flight back to Atlanta. We went to Red Rocks in the morning. After that we went to Golden and visited the birthplace of Coors Beer. The Brewery tour takes around 40 minutes. You get three free beers of your choice at the end of the tour. The tour is also free. After lunch in Golden, I dropped the punk off at the airport.


The Silver Bullet going by. 70% of the beer produced at the brewery is Coors Light.












In my "Beautiful Day" Post, I got several comments from people who were wondering what the formation on the side of the mountain was in one of my pictures. I am not positive, but I believe it was some type of rock quarry. I tried not to pay too much attention to it because it was a bit of an eyesore. Anyway, I will get back over there in the future and take a better look. There are a few more trails to hike in that park.

Cheers,

-M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where are the pictures of the "Tossed Salad And Scrambled Eggs"?
Pops