Sunday, February 04, 2007

Should we talk about the weather?

It got pretty cold here Thursday and Friday. For those who check out the Denver temps on the news, remember the temperature they give you is for the airport. The airport is out on the plains, and it is a lot colder there. On the local weather reports, they give a temperature for the airport and a temp at the news studio. I've seen as much as an 18 degree difference between downtown and the airport. So if you saw a report of record low of -18°F, it was not that bad where I live. My beer bottle was probably more accurate for my location. Granted that is still pretty frigid.

The Chinook winds have been blowing the past couple of days. I would be surprised if it made up to 50°F today at my place. There has been a good bit of snowmelt locally. It was still cold and windy in the foothills. I did a short hike today at Alderfer/Three Sisters Open Space Park near Evergreen. The hiking was a little tough. I should have rented some snowshoes. Do'ah! Maybe next time.




Looking towards Mt. Evans
Congratulations to Tony Dungy! Hey Tampa, I guess he can coach in the big games. I was not a supporter of the Tampa's decision to fire Dungy. I am glad to see the myth that he can't coach a team to a championship come to an end. I am also glad to see Manning win the big one as well. Being a Dolphin fan, it pains me to see Marino doing the pre-game. I couldn't wish Manning the same fate.

Cheers,

-M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All this global warming stuff is probably going to change things for you in Colorado. We need to stop it, and "save the earth because it's the only planet with chocolate." Did you see my Noles are 5-5 in ACC play. Maybe they'll get an invite to the March big dance this year. Pops

Anonymous said...

Is that one of the beers you are saving for me
-----dave