Sunday, March 11, 2007

Good Day Sunshine

A nice sunny day in Denver, Colorado. The temperatures were in the 60's today. Shorts & T-shirt weather out here. It was in the 60's for most of last week. It has been quite nice, but I have been warned. March is supposed to be the snowiest month of the year in Denver. The weather people are quite perplexed by this heat. Anyway, today I went back to Mt. Falcon to do some hiking. The plan was to hike some the trails that I have not been on yet. I didn't get to far on those. Not too many people hike the trails that I had planned to go on. The snow was quite soft because of this. I was sinking up to my thighs in some places. While the snow was soft, it was rough. It would scrape my legs on the snow if I were not careful when I sank. Investment in snowshoes is a must for next winter. I did get far enough from the crowds on Mt. Falcon to spook some Elk.
The snow covered meadows of Mt. Falcon. The snow-capped mountains on the horizon in the right of the picture are the Indian Peaks. At least that is what I think they are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elk within 30 miles of where you live. Cool.
Pops