Sunday, June 17, 2007

Mike Almighty

Today, I climbed Mt. Sniktau (13,234 Ft.) This is the highest I've been since moving to Colorado. Mt. Sniktau is a relatively easy 13er. It has easy access because the trailhead is at Loveland Pass (11,990 Ft.) Round Trip is only 3.36 miles according to summitpost.org. The trail starting out of Loveland Pass follows the Continental Divide and is well used. After about a mile of up, the trail to Mt. Sniktau leaves the Divide. Fortunately, this is where the people disappear as well. They either keep following the Divide or turn around. I saw one person coming down as I was going up. On top it was just me, a marmot, a chipmunk, and the pika on the rock. I spent close to an hour up there with out seeing anyone.













That's me on top of Mt. Sniktau. The Man, The Myth, The Legend. That goes out to my Bro and my "other" Bro. Sorry I didn't get to see you this weekend.














Me with what I believe is Torreys Peak (a 14er) in the background.

Happy "Pops" Day!

-M

4 comments:

mark said...

nice tee shirt!

Anonymous said...

I have seen that shirt before! My w-end was, well - hot,dirty, and sweatly. Spent sat (AM) putting new brakes on the jeep; all done at an altitude of 145ft and 90+degrees. Can't wait 'til I get back up there July 8.
-----dave

PS You should not get out every weekend --- you'll get SPOILED !!

Anonymous said...

I'm having trouble picking out the marmot, the chipmunk and the pica on the rock.

Anonymous said...

gg, it's like I told you back in 81' "right there on that rock."