Sunday, December 02, 2007

Chaos Theory

Well my national championship dreams for Georgia are over. I can't say I'm surprised; I figured LSU needed to lose as well. It is disappointing in that I believe Georgia is a better team than both LSU and Ohio State. What is more disappointing is that the Rose Bowl didn't select Georgia. A match up with USC would have been great because I don't know who should be the better team between them. It would have been good for the SEC vs. PAC-10 debate as well. But the Jurassic Rose Bowl decided to choose the Big Ten team that exposed Ohio State. Georgia gets Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl. I hope Georgia can get up for it. From what I have seen of Hawaii they could have won the Big Ten. Hopefully we can have several more seasons of chaos without a true national champion. Then maybe the people in charge of the "that's the way it is system" will realize that they could make a lot more money with a playoff. While they are making money, we could have a true national champion that is decided on the field.

Enough of my college football ramblings. The weather has been cold in Colorado. I hear the high country finally got pounded with some good snow this weekend. We really didn't get anything other the ice on the roads in Denver. I went for my hike on Sunday once again. I went to Deer Creek Canyon Open Space Park. It is in the foothills southwest of Denver. I climbed up Plymouth Mountain (7,295 Ft.) It beautiful place to hike especially with snow on the ground.


That's me at the scenic view on Plymouth Mtn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about UGA not getting an invite to the NC game. This would have been a really great year to have a playoff system. Stay warm.

bob chancey said...

You think that's bad? This morning I didn't have any cereal, and poured milk over a bowl of Doritos for breakfast. For lunch I'm going to fly my helicopter to McDonald's and buy a milkshake form Grimmace. Hang in there, B-Dog fan!