Sunday, February 17, 2008

Reynolds Wrap

Saturday’s hike brought me to Reynolds Park. It is about 5.5 miles southeast of Conifer. The weather was quite nice on Saturday. I thought it would be cooler in foothills. I was wishing that I had worn shorts when I started my hike. However, there were certain sides of the mountain that were a bit chillier. That was where the snow was, and the wind was cold blowing off the snow. The hike was wonderful though. I had some great views of Pikes Peak. Here are a couple of pictures.



Pikes Peak is on the horizon.










Another view with Pikes Peak in it.






On Sunday, there was a light snow most of the day in Denver. It didn’t really accumulate too much. It just looked pretty. I went for a walk in it. I walked all the way down to Bear Creek Lake only to be greeted by this sign.













I was extremely disappointed.

In regards to the Georgia Theatre mentioned in last weeks post, I was last there in May of 2004. Coincidently, it was to see Glen Phillips as well. If they fixed up the Georgia Theatre, I think that is great. I always thought it was good venue that could be so much better.

As for the Jets, I was just saying I was glad I didn’t have to root for them in the playoffs. I can’t knock a team when your own team is the undisputed worst team in the league at 1-15. Besides what can you say about a 4-12 team? I am sure Jets fans are very proud of their season.

Cheers,

MM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet you were disappointed by the "No Swimming" sign in front of the lake. Just like when we got to Yellowstone's "Fishing Bridge", only to see a sign that says "NO Fishing From Bridge."