Monday, February 11, 2008

Something To Say

This is my first update that I have done since the Super Bowl was played. So yes, I am thrilled with the outcome of the game. I’m usually pretty indifferent as to who wins the big game. That wasn’t the case this year. It felt odd to root really hard for a team from New York. At least I didn’t have to root for the Bills or the Jets. Anyway, I had my beer toast to the ’72 Fins!

The lazy bug got me last weekend, and I really didn’t do anything. Hence, no post. It tried to get me again this weekend. I fought it off and went for hike at Apex Open Space Park. I feel all the better for it too. The trailhead is at Heritage Square near Golden. One of the trails that I hiked on was an old toll wagon road to the gold fields of Central City. The road disappeared after they made a free route through mountains at what is now I-70. Anyway here is a picture from my hike.












Sunday night I went to Boulder to see Glen Phillips at the Fox. Glen is one of my favorite musicians. This was the first time I’ve gotten to see him since moving to Colorado. His show was great as always. The Fox Theatre was pretty cool. It is an old movie theatre fixed up as a nice concert venue. It is what the Georgia Theatre (in Athens, GA) could be if they put some money into it.

-MM

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the ga theatre is pretty nice now. When is the last time you were there?

Anonymous said...

Nice picture of the snow trail and Golden. Maybe we can make it out there next year during spring break and play in the snow.

mark said...

Hey, Mr 1-15 don't be knocking the J-E-T-S