Sunday, May 11, 2008

Wash

It was a rarity this weekend; I didn't go hiking. The weather was fine. It was especially nice on Sunday. The main reason I didn't hike this weekend was that I strained my knee the previous weekend. It is nothing painful. It just aches and doesn't feel right. I suspect I just need to rest it to get it back to normal. Easier said than done. On Saturday, I was given a washer and dryer. So I had to move them into my apartment. That took longer than expected for reasons I won't get into. Anyway it was not exactly the rest my knee needed. If you are in need of pictures from Colorado, I have added some favorite pictures of mine that didn't make my blog to my Picasa site. They are from Quandary Peak on July 1, 2007 and Blue Lake on September 30, 2007.

In soccer news, the Rapids lost on road to Houston on Saturday night. They played well though. They are 3-4 and are in first place in the weak Western Conference. The big soccer news of the weekend is that Fulham have managed to fight off relegation in English soccer. This is significant because five Americans play for Fulham. So naturally they are my favorite English team. I had written them off for dead a month ago. They ended up winning 4 of their last five to survive. That included three wins on the road. Previously they hadn't won a game on the road in 31 games I believe. They still only survived by having a better goal differential than Reading. Unfortunately, Reading has two Americans on their team. Best of luck to them on getting back to the English Premier League.

Happy Mum's Day,

-MM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let that knee get well so you can keep up with me this summer.