Sunday, March 01, 2009

The Blog Remains The Same

It has been an interesting week to say the least, but the blog remains the same. Onward with today’s adventure where I went to Rocky Mountain National Park for hike. I broke out the snowshoes and hiked to Emerald Lake. It was a relatively easy hike. The snow was hard packed. I probably could have gotten away without the snowshoes, but it was more fun to have them. Anyway, here are the photos. It is hard to capture the beauty of this place.





Nymph Lake










Dream Lake











Emerald Lake











Me on Emerald Lake






Looking up at Hallett Peak







Ice on Emerald Lake





Looking at Longs Peak & Glacier Gorge

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice hike & pictures. We woke up this morning with 4" of snow on the ground here in Elon. No school today so Carter & Cara had fun. I went to the mall to get my walk in & the mall was closed. Maybe I need to get myself some snowshoes to. We had power out from 3:30am - 10:15am. Jim's power is out now. If it doesn't come back on they may come stay with us tonight.

Anonymous said...

What lake? Just a big field with snow on it! -- Emerald Lake.
dave