Friday, April 09, 2010

Turn The Page

Today, I went to Rocky Mountain National Park. I went snowshoeing in Loch Vale. I probably hiked a mile past The Loch. I thought about going further, but the terrain was getting steep, and I was developing blisters on both heels. Ouch. The scenery and the day made up for the pain. The wind was cold at times; however, I was tempted to strip down to my shorts when the wind was not blowing. Anyway, here are some pictures from the day.




The snowshoe route to The Loch








View of Andrews Glacier











Typical view













Me







The ice is melting around this rock in the middle of The Loch.

4 comments:

Slim Jim said...

Cool pictures!!! Did you walk across the Loch?

Pops said...

The pic's bring back some good memories. It was a while back but I've been there.

Mighty Mike said...

I walked right down the center of The Loch. At that point, I had lost the actual trail. The snowshoe trail went straight across.

jb said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing these pictures.