Saturday, January 29, 2011

Out Of Touch

It has been a while since my last post. I haven’t done any new hikes lately. They have all been repeats. Well that changed on Saturday. I went for a hike on Thompson Mountain. The trails where I went for a hike are located off of Highway 11 southwest of Cripple Creek on some BLM land. The weather was outstanding. I wore shorts on this hike. The only people I saw were four horseback riders at the halfway point of the lollypop route that I took. They came up a different route so I only followed their hoof prints for about a quarter of a mile. The only other prints I saw besides mine were from the critters. It was quite nice. Here are the pictures.



A view of Pikes Peak





The trail near Thompson Point





Sangre de Cristo Mountains





I believe that is Cap Rock on the horizon



My car is in the valley below those cliffs.

1 comment:

Pops said...

Hiking in shorts in the snow. Cool