Monday, August 19, 2013

All Those Yesterdays

Back on July 20th, I did a short hike with my friends Charles and Tina. We went to the Stultz Trailhead on Oak Creek Grade. Rather than hike the Stultz Trail, we went in the opposite direction to the top of some cliffs and then down into a canyon. It was quite scenic.
Tina and Charles
Tina and Charles - We hiked to the canyon below
We were on top of the cliff on the right
The next day I went for a hike in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. I did the Cottonwood Creek Trail. It wasn’t the best of trails, but I had a feeling it wouldn’t be a favorite of mine. It was not because the hike wasn't scenic, it is because I am spoiled with all the other grand hikes that I have done in Colorado. I wanted to go for a hike and get back in time for a US soccer game on TV. This trail worked out perfect for that. The trail had some nice views of Horn Peak which I had hiked previously in 2011.
View of the false summit of Horn Peak
Horn Peak

1 comment:

Pops said...

The pictures are sure scenic. Good to see you guys out & about having fun in Colorado.