Monday, July 29, 2013

There and Back Again

On July 13th, I slipped in and out of that town by the big salty lake for a US soccer game. The US were there for their game against Cuba in the group phase. I flew in that morning and flew out that evening. It was cheaper that way, and I didn’t have to take time off from work. For this game I didn’t have the sweet seats that I had for the World Cup Qualifier there in June. I was in the upper deck, but that worked out well. I had shade, and I also avoided the 5 minute rain storm that happened at the start of the game. The view in the upper deck of a soccer specific stadium is actually quite good. I saw the game a lot clearer than I have in a while. The US won the game 4-1. Here are a couple of pictures and a poor quality video of my buddy Landon getting a penalty kick goal.
Warm ups for the US
Pregame handshake and a little rain

3 comments:

Pops said...

Think I saw you in the first picture. You're #6 holding up the red USA scarf. Right? Anyway, hope you had a good time.

Jim said...

How many caps do you have now? Have you caught me yet?

Mighty Mike said...

I have 12 caps now. I managed to get 4 caps while you were across the Pond.