Monday, March 12, 2018

Eat It

During my trip to China, I ate extremely well. The food was inexpensive and real good. It was nice to have the true Chinese Food rather than the Americanized versions you find in the usual Chinese Restaurants in the USA. I looked in the windows of several Pizza Huts in China; I never saw a pizza. I always saw Chinese Food on the tables at Pizza Hut. I didn’t go to any American chain places. I ate at Chinese places where I couldn’t read the menu. Thankfully, I had someone with me who could read the menu. I ate a few odd things, but almost everything was good. Usually it was outstanding. I am a big fan of Chinese Dumplings. They are like ravioli with a variety of different ingredients that can be placed in them. Shanghai Soup Dumplings was one of my favorites. You had to suck the soup out before you could eat it. I usually forgot to take a picture of the dumplings because they were so good. Here are the pictures of the food in which I remembered to take a picture.
Goose
Crispy Double Roll
Chicken Pot (includes vegetables and tofu)
Dry bamboo shoots and pork
Salty and Spicy Duck
Top: Sour and Sweet Rice Noodles.  Bottom: Crispy Taro Roll
Fried Fish Pot. The piece of food in the bottom left corner of the pan is a Lotus Root
Cattle Gut Soup
Cross Bridge Rice Noodles (The most famous noodles of Yunnan Province)
Tenderloin Rice Noodles
Seafood and vegetables with Abalone Juice
Left: Fried Dumplings.  Right: Vegetable and Pork Soup
Lettuce Pot
Roasted Pigeon
Porridge
Left: Seafood Dumplings.  Right: Meatballs
Water Steamed Vegetable Dumplings

2 comments:

Pops said...

Interesting pic's... Most of the food pictures look appetizing. But think I'd have pass on the one called 'Cattle Gut Soup', the fish with the head/tail attached, & the roasted pigeon head. Then again, I did get use to haggis.

Mom said...

Agree with Dad about the Cattle Gut Soup and the Pigeon (with its head still attached) but will have to go back and find the whole fish. Missed it somehow. Dad should remember when I ordered trout at a nice restaurant in Hiawassee. It was served whole and I did have a hard time eating it. In case you're wondering why I ordered fish, I was on one of my diets at the time. I was surprised that you ordered a bowl of lettuce. How was it? MOM