Thursday, March 08, 2018

Like China

Last month, I took an adventure outside the normal realms of Life in Colorado. I traveled to Guangzhou, China. I flew from Denver to Los Angeles and then Los Angles to Guangzhou. The Los Angeles to Guangzhou flight was around 15 hours. I left Denver on the afternoon of February the 10th and arrived in Guangzhou the morning of February the 12th. I actually slept a little on the flight. Guangzhou is located in southeast China in the Pearl River Delta. Hong Kong is at the mouth of the delta/river. Guangzhou is the third largest city in China at around 13 million in the city. The metro area is probably 20 million. So it is easily the biggest city in which I have visited. I usually do my posts on this blog chronologically, but I decided to go with themes for this trip. For this first post, the pictures will focus on Guangzhou during the daytime.
Beijing Road - The old roads are preserved for viewing here.  They go back as far as 1244.
A Buddhist Temple
Same Buddhist Temple
In the morning, the first day in Guangzhou. 
I liked this restaurant sign
Humans acting as statues at Grandview Mall
A pole catching performance at Grandview Mall.  It was quite impressive.
Guangzhou is known for flowers.  So there are lots of flowers on display as well as flower themed markets during the Spring Festival
Totem poles?
Guangzhou along Tianhe Road
Looking towards the flower market in Guangzhou during Spring Festival
Artwork in Guangzhou
Me in front of the Guangzhou Tianhe Sports Center Stadium
Some of the tall buildings of Guangzhou
Liwan Lake
Sunset on Liwan Lake

2 comments:

Pops said...

WOW! A world traveler now... Nice pic's. Hope you enjoyed the trip. Can't wait to see the rest.

Mom said...

Impressive city! Of course I would have loved all the flowers. Glad you're back safe on U.S. soil. Mom