Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Dam Would Break

It was a warm weekend in Denver. We actually had temperatures in the 80's. I made my first trip to Coors Field this weekend. The Braves were in town. I went to Friday night's game. I met my friend Devon at his place. He let me borrow a bike, and we rode to the game on bikes. Beats trying to park there. Coors Field is pretty nice. I liked it better than Turner Field. The game was good; the Braves won 9-7. I fear Wickman may be catching the Braves Closer disease. It felt a little odd being there, I'm use to cheering for the home team. Quite a few Braves fans there though.

Didn't really do much in the way of hiking this weekend. Hard to top last weekend. Didn't even try. I went for walk today along Bear Creek, which runs behind my apartment. This spring thaw is on. The creek was the highest I've seen it. Parts of some trails were flooded.

This is one of my favorites spots along Bear Creek. There use to be a Beaver dam here. Gone.



For a similar view taken in winter click here.

As for the NFL draft on Saturday, I am not going to write down my thoughts on the Miami Dolphins taking an injured punt returner with the number 9 pick overall. I'm too happy living out here.

Next weekends post will be a little late, I have company coming to town. I plan to take a couple of days off to go into the mountains with them. Hopefully I'll have some cool pics. Til then, Take Care,

-M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that the Braves are winning again they're fun to watch. Wickman was put on 15 day injured reserve duty for a bad back. Personally I think he was sent to a health farm to lose weight.

Bear Creek looks like it might be fun to canoe now that the beaver dam is gone.

Tell your company that Pops said hi.