Sunday, April 08, 2007

Watch More TV

Old Man Winter woke up after taking March off. It appears that most places east of the Rockies was a little a chilly. It has been freezing rain and light snow most of the weekend at my place. Nothing major, just unpleasant weather. I've been spoiled by the great weather we had in March. So this was one of those TV weekends. Sorry, I didn't take a picture of the TV.

The Colorado Rapids opened up the MLS season Saturday with 2-1 victory over D.C. United. They looked good doing it. The new soccer stadium was sold out, although there were a few fans dressed as empty seats. Below freezing temperatures scared some people off. If it hadn't been sold out, I would have gone:-) Actually, I am looking forward to seeing the new stadium, just not in freezing temperatures. The MLS is a lot more entertaining when you have a team to root for. Go Rapids!!!

It appears I am bad luck on NHL hockey teams. While I was living in Atlanta, the Thrashers could never make the playoffs. They made the playoffs now that I'm gone. The Avalanche had made the playoffs every year since they have been in Colorado. They didn't make it this year. No wonder I haven't become a hockey fan.

The Braves are off to a good start. They swept the Phillies and took 2 of 3 from the Mets. The Jones Boys haven't started hitting yet either. I've tried watching the Rockies a few times. I don't know the players, and there doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm for them.

Anyway I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter and remember to enjoy discount Chocolate Week responsibly.

-M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the Denver weather pattern isn't much different than Buffalo right now. We had a nice March, but snow flurries on Easter. Baseball's opening day here was cancelled last week because of freezing temperatures.
It's good weather to stay indoors, eat Easter chocolate, and root for the Sabres. They are the top seed in the NHL playoffs.

Anonymous said...

The Braves are 7-1 and leading the division. Hope they can keep it up. The Jones boys came to life the last few games. Looks like it'll be Braves on TV for me until football season. Noles have their spring game this Saturday. Everyone is optimistic (standard thing for this time of year) with all their new coaches. Pops 4/12/07