Monday, October 22, 2007

Four Seasons In One Day

We had some wacky weather in Denver this past weekend. The high on Saturday was 80° F. Less than 24 hours later, it was snowing. Several inches of snow fell, but the ground was too warm for it to hang around very long. I went for a walk after lunch Sunday and most of the snow was already gone.
Mt. Morrison from the greenway along Bear Creek.







I went to the Colorado Rapids final game of the season on Saturday. They lost to Real Salt Lake and will miss the playoffs. The cold front arrived at the start of the second half. Some wicked winds started blowing a kept going through the entire half. It was affecting play quite a bit.

The Rapids season may be over, but the Rockies incredible run is still going. The World Series comes to town next weekend. It is an interesting dilemma for me. The Red Sox were the first team I ever rooted for in baseball. They use to have Spring Training in my hometown, but I didn’t care for baseball as a kid. I didn’t develop an interest in baseball till my late teens. It wasn’t until I moved to Georgia that I followed what a team did everyday. And that was the Braves. The Red Sox are still my favorite American League team. If they hadn’t won the World Series in 2004, I would be rooting for them. But since they did win it, I got to throw my support to my new hometown team. I’ve gotten to learn the Rockies on this streak that they are on, and I don’t want to stop cheering for them. So Go Rockies!
-M

No comments: