Sunday, October 07, 2007

Rocktober

Baseball postseason has started, and I've found myself jumping on the Rockies Bandwagon. I live here, and I'm not going anywhere. So I might as well learn to root for the home team. They are hot; they have won 17 of their last 18. The Rockies have a good, young team. I'm starting to learn some of their players. I can see myself becoming a true fan the longer I live here. The Rockies sweep of the Phillies on Saturday night was nice distraction to a lousy Saturday afternoon. My Bulldogs got demolished. It was worse than the score. I sat through the whole thing in complete disgust. It was ugly. Living in Colorado makes it easier to take though.

On Sunday, I went for hike in the mountain bike infested Alderfer/Three Sisters Park outside of Evergreen. It is a beautiful park, but the mountain bikes are killing some of the trails. The mountains bikes are not going away; they are too popular. Hopefully, the open space parks will start creating separate trails. Even I consider mountain bikes the best kind of recreational vehicle since they don't cause air pollution. There is more hiking for me to do at Three Sisters Park. I might save it for when there is snow on the ground. That is not too far off. Here are today's pics.
Me on Evergreen Mtn. at 8,536 Ft. Mt. Evans is behind me at 14,264 Ft.






Fall color from the non-evergreens along the Evergreen Mtn. Trail.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To bad about the Dogs. My Noles are 4-1 now & everbody is excited. But they're still a work in progress.

Anonymous said...

Go Rockies!
Coors Field is a great place to see a game if you get a chance to go.