Sunday, June 22, 2008

Minus The Bear

I climbed Grizzly Peak on Sunday. This is the smallest of the Grizzly Peaks listed on Summit Post. This Grizzly Peak has an elevation of 13,427 Ft. I started my hike at Loveland Pass. The round trip is 5.22 miles according to Summit Post, which also says that it will feel longer. I agree, it felt longer than 5.22 miles. To get to Grizzly Peak, you have to climb an unnamed 13er. And of course, you get to go over it again on the way back. Here are the pictures.


Early morning sunlight hitting the mountains









Grizzly Peak in the center of the picture. Grays Peak on the left





Me on top Grizzly Peak







Me wandering around Grizzly Peak.




Looking back on the trail, which is the top of the ridges. Mt. Sniktau is on the right. I climbed that last year.







This picture is looking towards Keystone and Mount of the Holy Cross. It also has a marmot in it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really liked the pictures of your last few hikes. Now plan some hikes that a guy who just got back from his 50-year high school reunion can do. See you next month.

Anonymous said...

wish I could hike those Mts. I saw the marmot, guess the holy cross is covered by snow.
-----dave