Sunday, October 19, 2008

Repeat

I stuck close to home this weekend. I guess I didn't feel like traveling far after going to D.C. last weekend. I ended up going back to Roxborough State Park and climbed Carpenter Peak. I did this hike two years ago. It doesn't feel like I have been out here that long. I did enhance the repeat hike a little bit. I took a side trail (South Rim Trail) that looped back into the main trail. It was scenic speed bump. Anyway here is a picture from the hike.













After getting excited about the Rapids (soccer) in September, they have fallen apart again in October. However, they have gotten back into the playoff race today by beating Chivas USA on the road. One game left. If they win, they are in the playoffs. If they lose or tie, they are off till March.

Go Rapids!

-MM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carpenter Peak looks more like the Dragon's Tooth. It looks like you had good hiking weather.

My Noles made it into the top 25 this week and made a lot of people happy. I see your Dawgs are hanging in there at #9.

Mighty Mike said...

Sorry Pops, that's not Carpenter Peak. Those are just rock formations that the trail goes by. They similar to the formations that you would find at Red Rocks. For a view from the top of Carpenter Peak, you can look at the October 2006 archives.