Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Dividing Line

I took a walk on the Continental Divide Trail today. I drove to Berthoud Pass, which is about an hour's drive from my place. From Berthoud Pass, I hiked up to Mt. Flora (13,132 Ft.) The mountain has two peaks. I went to them both, but I couldn't tell which one was higher. The hike was a round trip of about 5 miles. It was a pretty easy hike. Lots of sun and wind. Here are some pictures from the hike.


Looking back at Colorado Mines Peak & Berthoud Pass






On top of Mt. Flora. Looking at Mt. Flora's 2nd peak and a couple other 13ers





In the saddle between the peaks










Ethel Lake







The towns of Fraser and Winter Park. The Winter Park/Mary Jane ski slopes are visible. Lunch Rock can be seen as well.






Me










Flowers & mountains










US 40 (The road to Winter Park)

2 comments:

Pops said...

It's obvious why you like "Life in Colorado." The scenery is fantastic. Good to see you're able to get out on the trails again.

Virginia said...

"Ditto" what Pops said. Of course, I like the flower pictures.

Mom