Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hail, Hail

There was a hail of a storm last night at my place. Around 10:15 - 10:30 P.M. last night, the skies unloaded. The trees were sideways and hail was smashing against my apartment. It was extremely loud. There had been all kinds of extreme weather in the Denver during the month of June, but it had missed my place for the most part. It didn't miss this time. Although other parts of town got it worse.



Hail that is piled up on my deck.








Hail below my deck and at my front door. The hail is about 2 inches thick down there






Left over hail on my deck the next morning







Left over hail the next morning. 10 hours after the storm.



It is 2:40 P.M. on Tuesday now. There are still some piles of hail in shady spots. It is a beautiful day. I think it just now reaching 70° F.

-MM

4 comments:

Pops said...

I guess you could all hail broke loose there.

Virginia said...

Saw the story about the hail in Denver this week. They said something about it being in "Wheat Ridge?". Is that near you?

Your pictures are quite impressive.

Mom

gg said...

hope you have covered parking.

Mighty Mike said...

Wheat Ridge is just north of me. Not too far away. It is probably a section of the metro area where the storm was worse. I do have covered parking.