Saturday, August 15, 2009

Into The Wild

Hordes of people went into the wild of America’s National Parks System this weekend. It was a free-fee weekend for the national parks. I took advantage of it and went to Rocky Mountain National Park on Saturday. The weather looked a little foreboding when I got to the park. A front was due later in the day. It looked like it might already be affecting the weather. So I decided to do a shorter hike than originally planned. I hiked to Cub Lake. The hike to Cub Lake was a little over two miles. It is an easy and beautiful hike. The weather was a lot better by time I got to the lake. So I hiked over to The Pool on the Big Thompson River and turned my hike into a loop hike. The rain held off until I got a few miles from home on the drive back.



The Big Thompson River at the Cub Lake Trailhead









Cub Lake










Looking back on Cub Lake









Sprague Mountain and Stones Peak







One of Carter's friends running above The Pool




Here's a video of some scenes from the hike

2 comments:

Pops said...

You sure take some cool hikes. Liked the video to.

gg said...

The blog now comes with music videos. cool.