Friday, September 25, 2009

Fore!

No, I’m not playing golf now. I have been living in Colorado for three years now. The third anniversary was last weekend. So I figure I would start year four with another geeky reference to a Huey Lewis album. I have been busy lately, and I haven’t had too many blog worthy events. However, I did get out of town today. I drove up to Kenosha Pass. This is where US 285 crosses the mountains into South Park. The fall color can be spectacular here. I did not time it quite right this year, but the color is much better in real life than what my pictures show. I have driven through the pass in previous years and the color was much better. When I got to the pass this time, it was sleeting on me a little bit. There was no snow on the ground though. I was surprised since I was at 10,000 feet, plus there was a storm early in the week. I went through Conifer (8,400 feet) on the way up and it had a little bit of snow on the ground. I guess the storm was more Denver based. The first half of the week was cool and misty in town. Anyway, back at Kenosha Pass, I decided to go for a short hike on the Colorado Trail. The hike was about as easy as they get out here. It was pretty too. I walked through lots of aspen groves. I had all kinds of views of South Park and the snow peaked mountains across the park. The weather got better as the day passed as well. The sun came out, and I was in shorts by the time I got back to my car.




Kenosha Pass









Old railroad tracks at Kenosha Pass










An aspen grove










South Park












A View









A view along the trail










A view near my lunch spot.






Tomorrow is a football day, both kinds. I dread watching the Bulldog defense. It seems they have fully implemented the bend and break defense this year. I have to hope they out score everybody this year, which is not likely. At least the offense has improved after the first game. Too bad they don’t have a Syracuse or a Duke on schedule to make things easier:)

-MM

4 comments:

Pops said...

I like the picture of South Park with the dead tree in the foreground and snow capped mountains in the background. Very pretty.

It'll be the FSU/USF game at noon, and the Miami/Va Tech game at 3:30 for me. The GA game isn't on TV here. Maybe I'll watch Florida at 7:00.

Pops said...

I found the GA game on TV. The Dawgs won so you're happy. Gators won so GG's happy. USF won so Jim's happy. Guess I'm the only who isn't happy (Noles lost). Just wait until next year.

gg said...

GG doesn't follow the Gators. I'm happy cause the Yankees clinched the division on Sunday.
Mike, did you see Cartman or Kenny in South Park?

Mighty Mike said...

GG, it is good to hear you don't follow the swamp lizards. I didn't think you did. But the Yankees... Ugh! Oh well, it doesn't matter, baseball is not really my thing anymore.

As for Cartman or Kenny, I didn't run into any foul mouth kids on my hike.