Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Jefferson

I went back to Kenosha Pass today. I hiked in the opposite direction on the Colorado Trail this time. The Pass looks a little different. The leaves had fallen off the trees. That was not unexpected. The elevation of the Pass is 10,000 feet. The Colorado Trail was just as easy as it was on the other side of the pass. There were lots of great views of South Park and the town of Jefferson. I didn’t see Kenny, Cartman or any of the other foul mouth kids from this side either. I did see a few relatives of Mr. Hanky in the trail though. Thankfully they weren’t fresh. Anyway, it was beautiful hike and a beautiful day. Unfortunately, that is supposed to change tomorrow. Tomorrow, the temperature is forecasted to drop 30 degrees from today’s high. There is also the possibility of snow. Oh dear, I guess I better make sure I have milk and bread:)




The Colorado Trail









Trees & mountains










The Colorado Trail










Me at my lunch spot









Looking at South Park and the town of Jefferson





Another view, taken from the same place as the picture above

1 comment:

Pops said...

Maybe you could hike the Colorado trail next summer. I'll come out and resupply you (if I have to). Nice pics.