Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Can't Complain

Things have been a little busy for me as of late, but I can’t complain. Things have been good. Anyway this post is about a hike I did last Sunday. I climbed to the top of South Boulder Peak. (8,549 Ft.) I had done the approach trail up Shadow Canyon a couple of times, but I had not taken the spur trail to South Boulder Peak until Sunday. The view was great and the weather was perfect. I hung out on top for probably 50 minutes just soaking in the view. As I was going down, there was a rush of people going up. I’m glad I got the earlier start. Here are the pictures.

View of Boulder and Bear Peak from the top South Boulder Peak




Looking south from South Boulder Peak. The railroad is visible in Eldorado Canyon



Me thinking about some hikes for later this summer.

3 comments:

Pops said...

It looks like you're having fun. But don't get so close to the edge.

jim said...

What mountains are out in the distance on the 3rd picture?

Mighty Mike said...

The Indian Peaks are out in the distance in the third picture. Mt. Audubon is above my head. It is a 13er. Longs is just out of the picture to the right of me.