Thursday, March 17, 2011

4X4

Last Sunday, I attended a Rapids Supporters party at the Celtic in downtown Denver. It was good time. We celebrated last year’s Cup win and talked optimistically about the chances of repeating. Things do look good. All the starters are returning from the Championship team, and they have improved the bench. The new season starts for the Rapids on Saturday, March 19th.




Me with the MLS Cup.






I’m in the new Rapids Season Tickets commercial.



What, you didn’t see me? It is a bit subliminal. He is a screen capture of my subliminal fame. You might recognize my dirty Rapids hat that I wear hiking a lot.










As most of my regular readers know or figured out, I often allude to music or other bits from pop culture in the title of my posts. It is usually music. Anyway, I figured with this post I would include some music from one of my favorites.

Here’s what little info I know about the EP

Works Progress Administration - 4X4
Four friends, four songs, most of a day, many tacos.

credits
released 05 March 2011
Made by WPA
Mixed by Jerry Roe at Ed.

Glen Phillips - vocals, guitar
Jerry Roe - drums, vocals
Sebastian Steinberg - bass, vocals
Sean Watkins - vocals, guitar

6 comments:

Pops said...

You were the only person with a hat on. I saw you. Bet you've been swamped with requests for autographs.

Jim said...

I saw you. You were standing right next to the pika on the rock.

gg said...

Look! There's Mike, and the Wizard. Awwww, you just missed him.

Jim said...

What was the name of that place in Orlando? Was it the Mystery Fun House???

Mighty Mike said...

The Mystery Fun House is correct. FYI - it is no more. So if you wanted to go back, you just missed it.

gg said...

Yes. I think it was the Mystery Fun House.
Glad you got the reference :)