Sunday, March 06, 2011

Cloudy

I went for short hike on Sunday. I hiked up Fremont Peak again. I did this hike last Thanksgiving; however, this time I hiked a little further since I did not have to get back for turkey. I followed the ridge east a little ways. There really wasn’t a trail; so I had to watch out for the cactus. On the way back I found a trail below the ridge that took me back to where I started. The trail was not maintained. It was overgrown. However, the trail had switchbacks. So it was definitely a man-made trail despite the Elk Duds.



View from the top of Fremont Peak




Tannner Peak on the left. Sangre de Cristo Mtns on the right. Arkansas River down below





Looking east along the ridge.






Looking back at Fremont Peak






Side trip to a view of the Bridge.

2 comments:

Pops said...

You have some really beautiful places to hike there.

Virginia said...

Could I complete this hike? The views are gorgeous! Luv ya, Mom