Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Back In Time

I’m a little late posting this hike. It is a blog worthy hike, so here it is. Last Saturday, I hiked to the Horn Lakes. The Lakes are in the Sangre De Cristo Mountains. I used Horn Creek Trailhead once again. It is the third time that I have used that trailhead. There are lots of good trails out of it. The hike was 11 miles round trip. It was an easy hike. The climb is pretty gradual which I can’t say about the other two hikes that I’ve done in the area. Anyway, here are the pictures.





The Trail







Flowers







Horn Lake







Horn Lake again





Flowers in the woods





Looking across the valley at the Wet Mtns.




Looking back

2 comments:

Pops said...

I really like the two lake pictures. It brings back memories of the old days when I could make hikes like that. Keep on hiking.

gg said...

Very nice pictures.