Monday, September 18, 2017

If You Believe In Cleveland

The hike for this post happened on August 26, 2017. I did a hike that took me above Browns Pass in the Collegiate Peaks Wilderness. I started at Denny Creek Trailhead on Cottonwood Pass Road. The trailhead was packed with cars because it is also the trailhead for Mt. Yale. Most people were doing that hike. I followed the Browns Pass Trail to Browns Pass on the Continental Divide. Browns Pass is just above treeline. It had some nice views, but I still felt like going. So I took the Kroenke Lake Trail east up a ridge that took me to a higher point on the Divide.
Browns Pass
At Browns Pass
Looking back on the Browns Pass Trail
The trail up to a saddle on the Continental Divide.  View of Mt. Harvard
At a saddle on the Continental Divide
The Three Apostles (up high) and Texas Creek (below)
At a saddle on the Continental Divide, the trail drops down to Kroenke Lake on the Atlantic side of the divide. I did not go to the lake. I took in the views of the mountains that surrounded me. I decided to climb a little higher. There was an unnamed peak to the south. I decided to climb that to get an even better view. I was not disappointed. The view was great. I picked out several 14ers. I stayed on top for a while. I had it to myself. It was a fun little hike.
Unnamed Peak that I decided to climb
Mt. Yale
Approaching the top of the Unnamed Peak
Looking down on Browns Pass
Hartenstein Lake, Turner Peak, and the route I took is below
Mt. Harvard, Mt Columbia, & Kroenke Lake
Mt. Harvard & Mt. Columbia
The Three Apostles and Huron Peak
Mt. Yale and Mt. Princeton
Mt. Princeton, Mt Antero, Mt. Shavano, & Tabeguache Peak
Mt. Columbia, Kroenke Lake, an unnamed pond.
Me. Mt. Harvard and Mt. Columbia
Missouri Mountain, Mt. Belford, Mt. Oxford, Mt. Harvard, & Mt. Columbia

2 comments:

Pops said...

That does look like it was a "fun little hike." Fantastic views you had that day. Keep on hiking.

Virginia said...

WOW! What great views! Love the pictures--especially the one of you, Mr. Handsome!
I'll leave you with this quote I found on a wall hanging that's been tucked in a drawer (it's out now): "Man tires quickly of new discoveries and inventions, but never of the beauty and wonder of nature." D. L. Paul