Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Lakes

On September 9th, I did the Lake of the Clouds hike in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. I associate Lake of the Clouds with the namesake in New Hampshire. This Lake of the Clouds is actually three lakes. They are located due west of Westcliffe and accessed via the Gibson Creek Trailhead. The hike is around 10 miles for a round trip. Here are the pictures.
The Lower Lake
Wildflowers along the trail between the 1st and 2nd lake
The Middle Lake
Marsh and stream between 2nd and 3rd lake (From the Upper Lake)
Marmot on a rock
Upper Lake
View below the Upper Lake
Looking across the marsh towards the Upper Lake
Middle Lake
Waterfall along Swift Creek

2 comments:

Pops said...

Great pictures. That marmot looks a little like a bear's head peaking over the top of that rock to keep an eye on you. Keep on Hiking. :)

Virginia said...

What a beautiful hike! Mountains, lakes, streams, waterfall, and flowers! And don’t forget the marmot. I agree with Dad. He does look bear-sized. I wish I was able to do that hike, but 10 miles would be pushing it, even if I was 20 years younger.

MOM