Sunday, November 04, 2007

Waitin' For a Train

Nice weather this weekend in Denver. It was a little chillier in the mountains. On Sunday, I went the trailhead at the East Portal of the Moffat Tunnel in the James Peak Wilderness. I originally planned to hike to the Arapaho Lakes, but the snow was getting deep on the approach to the lakes. I decided it wasn't worth the effort without snowshoes. I turned around and took another trail. I went to one of the Forest Lakes instead.


Me on one of the Forest Lakes.






A train came out of the tunnel while I was eating lunch at my car. I followed it down the valley trying to find good picture spots. I got ahead of the train when it had to wait for another train that was going in the opposite direction.


A BNSF Train with the Continental Divide in the background

3 comments:

mark said...

Merry Christmas to those looking for black mail halloween pics of Mike.......see link below.

http://picasaweb.google.com/seastead1/HalloweenParty/photo#5126501120110523346

Anonymous said...

Thanks "M" for posting the link to the halloween pic.

Mike, the glasses make the costume.

Anonymous said...

One of these days I'm going to ride that train.