Sunday, January 20, 2008

I See Red

Last week was probably the coldest week of the winter season so far. The temperatures were in the single digits or teens for most of the week. It warmed up into the 30's for the weekend and it seemed warm. It could be worse; I could live in Gunnison where it was -38° F last Thursday.

I did a short loop hike today. I went hiking at Red Rocks and Matthews/Winters Park. Here are some pictures.


Northern view along the trail. Dinosaur Ridge is on the right.









Me on some rocks along the trail.






U.S. Soccer is off to a good start. They beat Sweden 2-0 on Saturday. U.S. goalkeeper Brad Guzan got a good test towards the end of the first half. He passed. Is he the next great U.S. goalkeeper? The next game is a "friendly" with Mexico on February 6th. Always fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been reading but unable to comment. Usually I hold nothing back, but I had a kitchen incident that I don't wish to elaborate on that left me unable to post my "three cents" (everyone says two cents, I'm not everyone). Thanks for understanding and know that I'm back, baby! Maybe some day we can meet. People say I'm a Lou Rawls look-alike. Would you please post information about the circus in your next entry? One day I'd like to join Ringling Brothers - with billing as "Lightning Man," and this would really help. Thanks.

Bob Chancey