Sunday, January 06, 2008

Long Time

It’s been awhile since my last post. I have been a little busy with work and the holidays. I had a wonderful Christmas break. I spent it with my family in North Carolina and someone who claimed to be Carter. I don’t think it was Carter, I think he was one of Carter’s friends:) Anyway, a lot of time was spent eating, playing games, magic tricks, etc.

This past Saturday, I made an impromptu trip to Winter Park for some skiing with my friends Mark and Kathy. It turned out to be my best skiing experience out here so far. A large part of that was that I rented some boots that didn’t cut off the circulation in my legs. Oh what a difference that makes. I was beginning to dread skiing a little bit because of the tight boots. Now I’m looking forward to the next ski trip. We also found some slopes that nobody was on. That’s a big help in gaining confidence. It is nice to concentrate on skiing instead of the other people.



Me on the snowy slopes











Mark & Kathy on the last run of the day.





An exciting college football season is coming to an anti-climatic end. My Bulldogs beat up on Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl. It was a no win situation for them because they should blow out Hawaii. USC did the same thing to Illinois. In my opinion, they are the best two teams in the nation, but nothing was proven in their bowl games due to the quality of their opponents. But who wants a playoff when you can have an arbitrary National Championship game on Monday night. Make that Tuesday morning for those on the East Coast.

This is a picture from my walk around the neighbor-hood on Sunday.




Happy New Year, it should be a good one.

-MM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just remember who comes to town the night before Christmas - Uncle Mike.

Anonymous said...

Any new year that I don't get struck by lightning is a HaPpY one, and it sounds to me like you'll be skiing for Team USA in the next Winter Olympics. If I were you, I'd ski Mt. Albert for practice. At 14, 443 feet, it's the highest mountain in Colorado. I also think that the snow on it tastes like ice cream. Do you know that there are 30 mountains in Colorado bigger than Pike's Peak? It's true! Do you know what's also true? I've never once seen a bobcat... not even at the zoo. The bobcat gets its name from its stubby or bobbed tail. I'm going to eat some eggs and watch TV now.

Bob Chancey