Sunday, January 13, 2008

Untitled

This weekend I went for a couple of short hikes on both Saturday & Sunday. The weather was nice. It was sunny with highs in the upper 40's. I had planned to go to Eldorado State Park on Sunday; however, I discovered that you have to have 4 WD or chains on your vehicle to enter the park. The canyon doesn't see enough daylight for the road to thaw out. Fortunately there lots of alternative places to hike. I ended up at Windy Saddle Park, which is next to Buffalo Bill's grave. The Park overlooks Golden and Clear Creek Canyon. Beautiful views. There are a few more trails up there that I'll have to check out.



A view of Clear Creek Canyon

1 comment:

mark said...

try climbing Lookout Mtn to buffalo bill's grave. That was a feat I don't care to try again. That whole Livestrong thing

Oh yeah, hope you're enjoying the 20 degree weather. I had to go to hawaii this week for work. The downside, I truly have only seen the island of Oahu from a conference room inside the administration building at the honolulu airport. Paradise can be such a tease....