Sunday, March 16, 2008

Bandwagon

How bout them Dawgs!!! My Georgia Bulldogs are going to the Big Dance in the Men's basketball tournament. They went 4-12 in the SEC during the regular season. They weren't even going to be good enough to make the NIT. They had to win the SEC tournament to make it to the Big Dance and that is what they did. They did it despite having to play two games in one day due the tornado that hit downtown Atlanta on Friday night. Georgia Basketball is not on TV very much in Colorado. So it was extra fun to see them in the SEC final busting bubbles on Georgia Tech's home court. As far as whether they deserve to be there, they earned it according to the rules. Evil LOL.

Besides enjoying and finding humor in Georgia making the NCAA Basketball tournament, I also went hiking this weekend. My journeys took me to Centennial Cone Park. It is another one of Jefferson County's Open Space Parks. Centennial Cone Park has an alternating use schedule on the weekends. Hikers get the odd days, and the mountain bikers get the even days. It seems like a good idea. The trail didn't seem as impacted as the trails don't have this policy. I'll have to go back to this park at some point. They had a section of trail closed to protect the elk. The area is sensitive to their winter range.
I have my jacket on here, but it was only really cold when the wind was blowing. I was in short sleeves by the end of the day.





My lunch view. Cent. Cone is on the right.

2 comments:

mark said...

As if I didn't despise UGA athletics enough. Here is yet another reason...... I think I hate you!!!

But neither Virginia Tech nor VCU would have made the field had Georgia not won the SEC Tournament. The team the Bulldogs knocked off the board was Syracuse -- perhaps the committee was trying to pay Jim Boeheim back for leaving him out last year.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080318/SPORTS/803180474

Anonymous said...

Bet the Georgia fans in Denver came out of the woodwork this week. GO DAWGS.