Sunday, March 02, 2008

Change Of Season

The season is trying to change in Colorado. Saturday was a gorgeous day. A record high of 74° F was recorded in Denver. So I was off hiking. I went to Elk Meadow Park near Evergreen. I hiked to the top of Bergen Peak. (9,708 Ft.) Which had views of Longs Peak, Mt. Evans, Pikes Peak, Mt. Morrison, & Denver. With it being such a wonderful day, I made the hike into a loop hike. One of the trails that I hiked to create the loop hike was called "Too Long Trail". I found that quite humorous in regards to loop hikes... Anyway, the round trip mileage for this loop hike was a fun 10.3 miles. Here are the pics.





Along the Bergen Peak Trail.










View of Elk Meadow Park, Evergreen, Mt. Morrison, & Denver







The top of Bergen Peak






I was outside in shorts and t-shirt at 6:30 PM on Saturday evening. When I woke up on Sunday, it was snowing. Ahhh, spring weather in Colorado.

-MM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! A shorts & T-shirt hike in the snow.

We had a tornado touch down in Elon this afternoon. No damage. We would much prefer the snow.