Sunday, August 24, 2008

Walk To The Water

I went for a hike this weekend. I know, that is no big surprise. However, it has been over two and half weeks since my last hike. That is a long non-hiking stretch for me especially considering that I don’t have any injuries at the moment to slow me down. I went the Arapaho Lakes in the James Peak Wilderness. The trailhead is at the East Portal for the Moffat Tunnel. I’ve been to that trailhead several times. I actually attempted this hike last November, but I had to call an audible due to the snow. I made it to the lakes this time. The hike was steeper than I expected. I was wishing I hadn’t taken two and half weeks off from hiking. The effort was worth it though. Here are some pictures of the Arapaho Lakes.





One of the Arapaho Lakes with the Continental Divide behind it










Me and one of the Arapaho Lakes.









The Arapho Lakes









Same lakes, different view

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A snow field in August and no trees. You must be up pretty high. Cool. Guess I'll go walk in the mall with the other old folks.