Saturday, August 02, 2008

Vacation

Greetings from the road. For the past week I’ve had family in Colorado and I’ve been hanging out with them. I’m currently in Estes Park. This is part 1 one of the adventures with my family. This segment includes the time spent in the Denver area. On July 25th, I took my parents up Mt. Evans via the road. Pops survived. My brother’s family arrived later that day.




My Mom & Dad on Mt. Evans











Me on Mt. Evans









We spent Saturday the 26th hiking the Brother and the Sisters near Evergreen.






Carter & Cara on the Brother













Jim on top and Carter below at one of the Sisters











Carter & Jim on one of the Sisters. Evergreen Lake in the background




On Sunday we went to Red Rocks. It got hot quick. Sunday evening was spent at the Rapids game by Jim, Stacy, Carter, and me. The Rapids lost 2-0. They are now 1-3-1 in the games that I attended. Carter got a horn at the game. He has gotten good at blowing it.



The buddy salute at Red Rocks







On Monday we went the Denver Mint. They were not making any money at the time because of a mistake. It was still an interesting tour. Afterwards we went to the Wynkoop Brewing Company and tried all their beers. Nobody was impressed with their beers. After lunch, we did a quick visit to the Tattered Cover bookstore. We couldn’t stay long it was time for Cara to take a nap. We had a quick picnic that evening near my place. It was quite windy. The lightning started as we were leaving.

Stay tuned for part 2…

No comments: