Thursday, November 25, 2010

Feeding Frenzy

Happy Thanksgiving!!! I enjoyed the day by going for hike, eating a lot of turkey, playing some games, and probably by eating some more turkey after I finish this post. My hike took me to the top of Fremont Peak at an elevation of 7,233 feet. Fremont Peak is in Royal Gorge Park. The hike starts in the campground/picnic area at the park. I hiked up an access road that leads to some radio and cell towers. From there I followed feral hiking path to the top of Fremont Peak. It is a short hike. The only steep part was the last bit. The trail is not maintained so it just goes straight up at that point. Fremont Peak has a nice 360 degree view at the top. Today was the coldest day that I have gone hiking so far this season. It was only really cold when the wind blew. It certainly doesn’t come close to the wind last Thanksgiving on top of Mt. Sniktau. Anyway, here are the pictures as always.



View from the Top






Me on top






Royal Gorge Bridge






Looking towards Pikes Peak






Looking towards CaƱon City






The top and the Sangre de Cristo Mountains





Happy Thanksgiving,

-MM

2 comments:

Pops said...

I like the pic's, especially the one with the bridge in it.

It was cold and rainy here on T-Day. I snugged with Carter on the couch by the fireplace while he read Island of the Blue Dolphin, and then played Go Fish with Cara. And pigged out on turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, and apple pie.

Nana set her alarm for 3:00 am to go shopping, but didn't get up because she set it for pm rather than am.

Carter & Cara are having a sleep over with us tonight so Jim & Stacy can work at his school's play off football game.

Have a good holiday.

Anonymous said...

nice pics. Glad I could be there with you if only by phone. Enjoy the rest of your holiday time off!
-----chuck