Sunday, November 28, 2010

Mike Versus the Leftovers

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. I went for a blog worthy hike on Saturday. I hiked to the Pancake Rocks. The trailhead for the Pancake Rocks is north of Cripple Creek. The trail was a gradual climb through woods to an elevation of about 11,000 feet. The trail drops below 11,000 feet before reaching the final destination. I hung out at the Pancake Rocks for about 50 minutes. I ate a turkey sandwich while I enjoyed the view. Here are the pictures.



Me on a Pancake Rock





Me by a Pancake Rock




Looking south at the highway split for Cripple Creek and Victor




Pancake Rocks





Me and the Pancake Rocks






Zoom View





A touch of snow on the rocks

3 comments:

Pops said...

WOW. Beautiful scenery. I wish the trail wasn't so high. I'd like to hike that one.

We had a good long weekend. The Noles & Dawgs both won.

Don't know if you got the news out there that Miami fired Randy Shannon after their loss to South FL and that Mark Richt's name has been thrown into the hat as a likely candidate for the job.

gg said...

Are those rocks really made of pancakes?

Virginia said...

Now the mapmaker who did the names here got it right. PANCAKE is perfect. Did you pack you maple syrup? I'm caught up now on your blogs. Keep on hiking and blogging. Love it. Mom