Sunday, November 07, 2010

Raspberry Beret

No raspberries or berets were used in the making of this post; however, Raspberry Mountain (10,605 ft.) was hiked, and the song Raspberry Beret popped into my head on the way up. Ugh! The hike was great though. Raspberry Mountain is northwest of Pikes Peak and is near Mueller State Park. Go here for directions and more detailed information about this hike. That’s what I did. The trail follows an old road most of the way up. There is a rock outcrop on top that has a magnificent 360 view. The weather would have been perfect if it was not for the wind. I had to take shelter behind some rocks to eat my lunch. Here are some pictures from the summit.



Me with a view of Pikes Peak.





Me on top of Raspberry Mtn





North Catamount Reservoir behind me





Looking back on Raspberry Mtn.






On the way down, I had the song “Rapids Burgundy” going through my head. It is set to the tune of “Yellow Submarine”. I got the Rapids on the mind. The Rapids get to host the Eastern Conference Championship next Saturday despite being a Western Conference team. Crazy MLS playoff system, but I’ll take it. It is going to be fun.

I hope I didn't scare you too much with this picture. I meant to put it up last week, but I forgot.


-MM

1 comment:

Pops said...

Nice pics but don't think I would like the wind. No snow yet huh. We got 10" at Clingmans Dome in the Smokies, and a couple of inches above 3,000' around Boone last week.

I saw the UGA score this weekend. Looks like the DAWGS are starting to come to life. My Noles had another wide right Saturday and lost to Carolina. Oh well.